Add an inset panel to the side or back of an exposed base cabinet (like in an island)

CJohnStanchina

38 minutes ago, solver said:

You cannot change cabinet sides or back via the cabinet specification dialog. You will need to get creative.

Thank you.  I went through that dialog thoroughly.  Perhaps four soffits, mitered at 45 degree angles, assuming there's a way I can put a bevel on them?  Or maybe a manufacturer's catalog?

11 hours ago, solver said:

Really need an image of what you want. 

778383615_ht1.thumb.PNG.46ab6e914222014cedbc22a205636c85.PNG

That's it, precisely.  It's as if you could go into the Base Cabinet Specification dialog, select an option called "Side" (as you can with Front), choose Add New... and be able to choose Door - Panel from the New Cabinet Face Item drop down.  I've attached a pic of an end cabinet in our island, but from the screenshot you posted, you get what I'm trying to do.

BaseCabinetSidePanel.jpg

6 hours ago, y-g-m-n said:

I just went to cabinet door library section under cabinets and grabbed one.

Resized and changed color to my needs and slid it in place.

Easy peasy

Stick them on side or back for islands.

Super helpful suggestion.  Thank you.  I did have to do a TON of trial and error monkeying around with the original cabinet's width and countertop overhang in order to achieve a symmetrical front look to the cabinet (to account for the depth of the added side panel) as well as a symmetrical countertop overhang on the front and side, but I think I got what I was looking for.  Thanks a bunch!

EndBaseCabinetSidePanelHDP2024.png

the more you play the more you learn with this software as I bet there is always a couple of ways to do things.

Don't forget it has Partition under cabinet which is basically Vertical Filler strip choose your width as it comes 3/4" to start.

What found best was to goto a good cabinet manufacturer website and find their Spec Catalog which shows everything they make so you know what you have to do.

Example is some do not paint/stain the sides and leave it bare wood so you may need an END Panel like you have.

Then you check their end panels to know what sizes are typical.

Think I used Craftmade and some of those RTA cabinet shops websites to find spec paes.

No sense dsigning something that is SUPER CUSTOM and Super expensive.

4 hours ago, y-g-m-n said:

the more you play the more you learn with this software as I bet there is always a couple of ways to do things.

Don't forget it has Partition under cabinet which is basically Vertical Filler strip choose your width as it comes 3/4" to start.

What found best was to goto a good cabinet manufacturer website and find their Spec Catalog which shows everything they make so you know what you have to do.

Example is some do not paint/stain the sides and leave it bare wood so you may need an END Panel like you have.

Then you check their end panels to know what sizes are typical.

Think I used Craftmade and some of those RTA cabinet shops websites to find spec paes.

No sense dsigning something that is SUPER CUSTOM and Super expensive.

Good suggestions, all.  I'm actually working off of the hand-drawn plans our cabinet-maker used to fabricate all of the built-ins in the house my wife & I built nearly 7 years ago.  And yes, with all of the components that HDP slips into the default cabinets, there are lots of opportunities to manipulate the thing to get just what you're looking for.  Thanks again for the feedback.