Curved walls

Highlandofficer

I wish to draw round turrets or towers. I have figured out how to make a wall a complete circle, and how to set its dimensions. But I cannot then move the feature into position. You would have thought that the center point would move the entire feature up/down or left/right, but it only moves it in one diagonal. If it was both diagonals that would be fine, but it only moves in ONE.

I fully appreciate that the whole cannot be moved, and that in position one would have to then complete the circle.

It is impossible to draw it in place as the dimensions are impossible to get right, so one needs to be able to draw the circle and THEN move it with its set dimensions into place.

But how?

Aha you say - draw the circle then move the rest of the plan to fit it, but what if you want two matching circles, then you cannot set the desired dimensions accurately on the rest of the drawing. And have you tried drawing two circles side by side and have their dimensions and place on the plan match? Especially when they can only be moved on a diagonal.

I need to be able to move a curved wall after I have drawn it.

Help us all by adding your signature with your program and year. Then a solution can be better attained for you. Go to your user name in the top right corner, then to account settings. There you will see signature. Put the program title and year in it so it doesn't have to be searched for with each of your posts.

Ok, great. Try drawing your curved walls a little ways from the main house. Once it's done, go to "edit area" and select all floors. Then you may be able to align it with "point to point" move to the location you want it to be in. That will bring all levels of floors with it. Leave the straight walls away from it for now, since they'll be the easiest to connect once you have the curved room where you want it. If you are doing 2 curved areas, then "transform-replicate" the 1st one before you attach it a good distance from the 2nd wall/area,. so you align it the same as the 1st. I hope this helps.

Thank you. Very late here, I will try tomorrow. I still do not understand why the center point does not move the object up/down or right/left. Strange that one has to go through several commands to achieve the same. But I am grateful for your help.