Need opinion on new entry doors for my house

ChiefPoke

Well hello there!  First time poster here.  We own a two story house that is tradtitional but a bit french country.  Used brick, slate roof, and fairly steep roof pitch.  I've been contemplating sprucing up my entry, with either Pella Architect Series true divided light windows, or perhaps an overall of the thing with double iron doors.  

I am going to post three current photos of my house, and then some double iron doors that I've thought about.  I think my hesitancy is, will the iron doors look funny with wood divided glass above them remaining?  If I do iron all the way up, I am worried it will look overdone.  Thank you for any comments or suggestions!  

house current 1.jpeg

house current 2.jpeg

house current 3.jpeg

door 2.jpg

I do not like the window above as it looks like a door.

This upper window is distracting to whatever you choose for the door IMHO.

Maybe adding a large ceiling mounted hanging light that hangs in middle of that window may help but secure with chains when the wind blows to prevent it from hitting sides and window.

6 hours ago, y-g-m-n said:

I do not like the window above as it looks like a door.

This upper window is distracting to whatever you choose for the door IMHO.

Maybe adding a large ceiling mounted hanging light that hangs in middle of that window may help but secure with chains when the wind blows to prevent it from hitting sides and window.

Thank you!  We have a massive italian porcelain chandelier that is visible at night, so a hanging light would compete with that.  As for the "looking like a door" comment, I completely agree.  So if I were to overall the entire entry, what would you do?  I feel like divided light glass might still be required, to agree with the arch dining window.  Would you just get rid of the upper columns and put in a Pella Architect series rather huge divided light window?  Or do wrought iron the entire entry?  I worry this would give the house a dark, creepy look.

I do not know without looking thru catalogs to see what they have.

the large Grey framing doohickey has to go.

maybe make upper smaller by having a some structure between the top of door and bottom of window and use same brick?

I dunno this is what program is for - try something, like it or hate it keep at it until you are happy.