Attic "Wall" - Default Wall Type Definition?

BirchwoodBill

I am getting alignment issues when "HD Pro 2023" frames the attic wall above an exterior - wall.   The definition for the exterior wall is based on a 2x6 with ZIP R-12 insulated sheathing.  

When I view the attic framing - the wall is offset by approximately 2 1/2 inches - so it may be using a different wall type definition, I looked under "Default Settings > Walls - but there is no setting for Attic Walls - other than under the General Wall option.  

Plan Check - reports "This wall being out of alignment with a wall on the floor above."  

Is this easily resolved?  Or do I need to add a second floor to directly specify the attic wall type?

Attic_Framing.jpg

Exterior_Wall_Type.jpg

Please post your questions under the "Q&A" tab, as not everyone checks this regularly. Once you repost there, then you can delete this. Often posting the plan will help as well. Keep it under the size limit and it will post and someone can try to look at it.

What happens if you make your attic wall the same wall type as the rest of that wall? Sometimes that "out of alignment" check will come up if you may be using a 2x4 attic wall over a 2x6 exterior wall. Sometimes you just need to ignore it and align it manually if the walls are 2 different thicknesses