Materials List Updating

RobinD

563736919_Untitled3.thumb.jpg.6c5423376aa5dec80f2940a79b4faec1.jpgIn the materials list HD Pro 2022 does not change one choice for another. Example: changing the corrugated siding shown to exposed siding (pole barn style) using the eye dropper results in no change in the material list. The new siding choice shows in 3D but list does not update. Not a huge deal but confusing.

It took me a while, but I discovered that the material list ignores eye dropper changes to walls (I think floors and ceilings too, but I don't recall exactly for those). You need to create a custom wall type with the specific material defined as the interior or exterior surface. The material list will then properly calculate the amount used.

For example, I use the included interior-4 wall for rooms where I'm just painting the drywall. However, for the bathrooms, where one side is tiled, I've created a custom interior-4 tiled wall type that swaps the interior drywall layer for backer board and then adds a tile layer on top. The exterior wall stays unchanged with drywall.

Exceptionally unexpected and confusing behavior vis-a-vis the relationship between eye dropper changes and the materials list.