How to frame a foundation with windows and doors

Eyedoc24

I am currently designing a basement using Home Design Architect.  I have built a window and a sliding glass door into the foundation walls.  How to I create framing around these structures such as framing above the door.  It does not look like I have the automatic framing option with this version.

Thank you for your time. 

• 1 year later...

Designing a basement with windows and doors can be an exciting project. While Home Design Architect may not have an automatic framing option for creating the framing around these structures, there are still ways to achieve the desired effect.

Also...one approach is to manually add framing elements using the available tools in the software. You can create walls, headers, and studs to frame around the windows and doors. Another option is to explore online tutorials or user forums specific to Home Design Architect. You might find helpful tips and techniques shared by experienced users who have encountered similar situations. By the way, have you considered incorporating skirting boards into your design? They can add a stylish finishing touch to the basement walls, enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal. Keep exploring and experimenting, and I'm sure you'll create a fantastic framing design for your windows and doors.