Convert design from 1st floor to basement

Klgoofster

Hello,

In completing my basement design in Home Designer Suite, I realized I created it as a 1st floor instead of the basement.  Is there a way to bring the completed design down to the basement level without having to start all over? Trying to pull a materials list and it is pulling in materials that already exist.  Also, where do I go to show the wall heights, we have 10 ft ceilings, so I know I will need to adjust this.  I appreciate any info.  Definitely a rookie mistake.  Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

One way to do so is to follow theses steps:
1) Select all the objects you desire to use (using your mouse, draw a large square selecting every object you need, it's okay if you happen to accidentally grab exterior walls too, etc.).
2) When selected, copy all those items. (CTR+C in Windows)
3) Open the basement level (You can even open a new file if you wanted to, but you can just open another level, too.)
4) Paste those items you've copied into an open area on the workspace. (Don't paste it right on top of your existing plan, using blank space to the side or above.) (CTR+V in Windows)
5) Select and Delete (Remove) any extra items you might have grabbed (like exterior walls, etc).
6) After you've deleted everything you don't want, then select all of the elements left of your copied items, and move them as a group into position inside your basement area. If done to a tight fit everything should connect cleanly and exactly as desired. If you aren't exact in your movements then you may have to adjust a few items (because of auto-connected walls and such, so there may be some slight modifications necessary). But overall that should work well for you.