Lower pitch roof forces adjacent roof to change pitch

PamelaC

This is a frequent problem for me.  The second photo shows the correct condition, The roof over the 3 windows is 8:12, and the porch roof is 1:12.  The first pic shows the problem...when roofs are regenerated, the  proximity of the 1:12 roof seems to force the 8:12 roof  to flatten out and become coplanar with the 1:12.  What causes this? 

I realize I can fix this with manual roof planes, but this plan has several similar conditions and with frequent revisions, I've had to draw roof planes over and over again. I would really like to find a way to address this problem with autoroof tools.  I'm pretty sure it can be done, because I have before...just can't duplicate the results consistently.  I feel as though I must have a box checked wrong somewhere.

post-1817-0-33682000-1423194481_thumb.jpg

post-1817-0-51645000-1423194496_thumb.jpg

Forgot to mention, I am using Pro 2014.  Below is a simpler example if anyone would like to give it a try.  In this case, it differs depending on the relative proportions of roof sizes.  I have tricked it into working before by playing with relative widths and temporarily raising/lowering planes, etc, but doing that is getting old.

post-1817-0-24837100-1423196555_thumb.jpg