Cabinet tools - Lighting "inside" cabinets?

4ndrew

The copy on the website reads:

"Advanced Cabinet Tools

...Place objects and lighting inside of your cabinets and define multiple styles for doors, drawers, and hardware."

However, I can't find any setting that lets me put lighting inside cabinets. I suppose I could create a light and wrestle it into a cabinet... I don't consider that to be an "advanced cabinet tool" though.

Is there another way? 

[edit] Found out the lights are selected via the library, not the light or cabinet dialogs.

14 hours ago, Rookie65 said:

How about deleting this post then so people don't read it unnecessarily?

Hi Keith - good question.

Someone may search with the same question and find the answer... I may have found it when I searched if someone else had posted it before me.

I looked for the lighting first under the Electrical drop-down (thinking they'd work like hi-hats), though the light object info, and through various places in Cabinet settings...(note that it's under the heading of "Advanced Cabinet Tools" on the website - but it's not specifically a "cabinet tool") as well as looking through both the Reference Manual & User's Guide in the Cabinet sections - neither of which, for example, contained reference to "undercabinet" or "under cabinet", which are industry-standard terms.

A search for "lighting" brings up 83 results, one of which is "A selection of free-standing and ceiling-, wall and cabinet-mounted light fixtures is available in the Library Browser at Home Designer Core Catalogs> Architectural> Lighting." - which would have worked, but I didn't do a generic search for "lighting".

In fact, the description as it appears says lights can be placed "inside" cabinets - meaning to me something like a cabinet with glass fronts and interior lighting. Unfortunately this does not seem to work with a puck - it will only snap to the underside of cabinets, so I assume it would have to be positioned manually.

So - essentially - to help others who may have the same question.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

A stacker cabinet is a small 12"H cabinet that is place on top of an upper cabinet. it is mostly used as a display cabinet to showcase "pretty" dishes.

I am trying to place a light on the inside of the cabinet  but i cannot find any lights that will allow me to place it inside the cabinet . It is either going under the cabinet or on the ceiling 

I saw the question as it appeared in my email - seems to have been the same question, i.e. how to put a light "inside" a cabinet.

The cabinet type should largely be irrelevant. Why create more posts for the same topic? Genuinely curious.

Obviously, leaving my topic in place was indeed helpful as anticipated, or, at least, a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, 4ndrew said:

I saw the question as it appeared in my email - seems to have been the same question, i.e. how to put a light "inside" a cabinet.

The cabinet type should largely be irrelevant. Why create more posts for the same topic? Genuinely curious.

Obviously, leaving my topic in place was indeed helpful as anticipated, or, at least, a step in the right direction.

Can u help me?