Inserting a countertop material into a passthrough window

JBorge

I have created a pass-through window from my kitchen into the living room.

Attached bitmap picture shows my example.

Homedesigner Pro 2019 does not let me place a countertop material on the pass-through ledge.  

Even though there is a cutout, the program treats it like a wall when I try and slide a countertop into it.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Jan.

Passthrough.bmp

Jan

You definitely can create a countertop on a pass through ledge.  You would just create a custom countertop on this area..

Why did you create a bmp file for visual?

You have a very nice design.. You would just use the custom countertop tool. It is found in the 3D view under Build - Cabinet - Custom countertop

Here is a snapshot of a project I am working on for you to see the dialog box.

I am no expert, but this is the only thing that I could see missing in your drawing.  I would use this method to draw my pass through for this design..

I hope this helps...

D-

screenshot custom countertop dialog - for show.png

Sorry for the bitmap.

Attached jpeg(s).

Basically, I would like to extend the countertop material  through the window cutout.

The cabinets are shallow recessed into the wall. Then the countertop on top of the cabinets will flow through the cutout.

I already tried creating the custom countertop. But when it came to sliding it into the window section to position it, it is blocked like an obstacle.

I also purposely tried making the counter smaller, not to hit any edges of the surrounding window.

Same problem if I try adjusting the countertop properties in the cabinet itself.  It will not allow anything to overlap into the window space. 

ExampleCutout.jpg

ExampleCutout2.jpg

ExampleCutout3.jpg

Quick update.

I was able to place the countertop when I was in dollhouse view.

I just dragged the countertop and fitted it into the cutout.   Not sure if that was the right procedure.

In fact, dollhouse view seemed to be the easiest to make all the adjustments.

See jpeg.

Thank you, everybody, for responding.

examplecutout4.jpg