Property boundary coordinates in terrain model

MikeinOregon

I am using Home Designer Architectural and a new user. I have a 1/3 acre triangular sloped lot. I have x,y,z coordinates for the lot corner points with one corner starting at 0,0,0. I also have bearings and distances for each lot line. I have surveyed the lot and have about 100 points in x,y,z format referenced from the 0,0,0 point.  I was successful in importing the survey data and can view the contours and terrain in 3d. It shows up as a square lot.  What I cannot do is manipulate the terrain model to represent my triangular site using my reference 0,0,0 point.  I cannot find any information on how to build the terrain model with the information I have.  Do I need to upgrade to PROFESSIONAL version to do this? All advice is much appreciated.

Additional information:  I created a CSV file of my survey points with labels on corner points.  I was able to import the csv file, and adjust the perimeter to the corner points. all good!  EXCEPT, now I CAN move the terrain perimeter, but CANNOT move the survey points (elevation lines) with the perimeter.  How do I move the perimeter with the points?  Maybe Architecture will not allow this, but what a waste if you cannot adjust the house/site location.  Thanks for any advice.

Hello MikeinOregon,

You should be able to left click-drag-select the terrain and points and move/rotate them. Then rebuild the terrain.

If that doesn't work, post your plan file. Maybe someone can help you better. 

That worked Dig!  Thank you!  I was able to select all the points since they were not over the house. I moved the points/terrain outline over the house and it worked.  Now if I want to move the terrain outline/points I don't know how to select just the points/outline. When I drag the box over the terrain/points, the house also gets selected.  I think I can get around this by building a new model each time I want to reposition the terrain in relation to house.

thanks again,

Mike

MacBook Pro with Home Designer Architecture 2019