Import plot plan

MichFigs

Hello everyone and yes I am a newbie!:)Please be kind...

I asked this earlier on the wrong forum. Thank you to Solver for pointing me to the right forum!

Would like to import a pdf of my existing plot plan, which shows lot lines, the house with deck, sidewalks,  etc. into a new plan.  Having done this, but not sure how to adjust grid size to match the existing dimensions so that we can update and upgrade all those outside areas (not changing the house itself)? Will I have to trace all these features from the pdf and then delete the imported pdf or png file?

Hello,

Draw a horizontal or vertical wall or cad line on the workspace, of a known dimension present on your PDF drawing. This could be a wall on a structure, or a lot line, etc. 

Click on the imported PDF image to select it. Choose a grab handle on one of the corners of the selected PDF and resize the PDF it until the same known dimension on the PDF matches the drawn object you drew on the workspace.

Rotate the selected PDF as necessary.

As a check, If you used a horizontal line/object to scale the PDF,  compare a vertical line dimension in a similar manner to make sure the PDF isn't distorted. If necessary, resize using a grab handle in the center of the selected PDF. 

Once everything matches, vertical and horizontal, scaling is done you are good to go. 

You will need to trace over the imported PDF to get objects onto your workspace.