Sign in to follow this  
RobinD

Gable end peak height

In Sweet 19 how does one measure or determine the height of gable end wall from the top plate to the peak? This would be handy in figuring out rafter lengths using simple rise/run calculations.

Gable end.jpg

19 minutes ago, RobinD said:

Sweet 19

Is that like sweet 16 :)

If you will add Suite 2018, or whatever you have to your signature, you won't need to add it to each post.

20 minutes ago, RobinD said:

how does one measure or determine the height of gable end wall from the top plate to the peak? This would be handy in figuring out rafter lengths using simple rise/run calculations.

Use the dimension tools in elevation.

You can compute that dimension too using the slope and a dimension taken in plan.

Solver...Don't know why my signature isn't visible to u and maybe others. I posted my HD level a long time ago. Just updated today.

58 minutes ago, RobinD said:

Solver...Don't know why my signature isn't visible to u and maybe others. I posted my HD level a long time ago. Just updated today.

I'll try once more. 

It needs to say Suite 2019, not just Home Designer 2019. There is Interiors, Suite, Architectural and Pro. All are different and an answer for a Suite user is likely to be different than an answer for a Pro user.