tyboehs

Problem creating roof

I am new to home designer pro 2019 and am trying to create a roof on my plan and am having difficulty making it work could somebody help me out. The file I am posting is all messed up and i cant even get it back close to right:wacko:

Ty's Dream Home.plan

I see you said Pro, but answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on, then see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

9 minutes ago, tyboehs said:

cant even get it back close to right

What is "right"? If it's an existing house -- post images, if not, someone needs an idea of what you want via a drawing or other.

Just take a couple of screen captures and post them.

Here is a plan using auto built roofs that should get you going. I'd add the porch roof manually after the other parts of the roof are correct using the auto builder.

Using your plan,

Go to Edit>Reset To Defaults, choose all floors and check all the options.

Go To Edit>Delete Objects, choose Roof Planes and Roof Baseline Polylines.

Delete the 2nd floor and the Attic level. (Build>Floor>Delete Current Floor)

Turn on auto rebuild roofs, then change the settings to make the roof work. Don't check Make Roof Baseline Polyline as it's not needed.

Ty's Dream Home (eric).zip

Thanks I will try that, how do I make the little gable on front 10/12 instead of 8 

4 minutes ago, tyboehs said:

Thanks I will try that, how do I make the little gable on front 10/12 instead of 8 

See the links I posted above.