ElkRivers

Sending a roof or framing plan to layout

Hello-

I have a basic question that I can't find an answer to.  I am using HD Pro 2018 and 2019.  I am trying to figure out how to send the roof plan and framing plan to layouts.  Do I need to manually change all the layers so that only my roof (or framing) layers are showing, and turn off everything else?  Or is there an easier way?  

When I go to my Layers dialog box I only have the option of changing whatever layer is current (mine says "Layout Set 6").  Is there some way to change what Layer Set is current?  I'm sorry if this is an obvious answer, I just can't seem to find it!

Thank you,

Karen

57 minutes ago, ElkRivers said:

Do I need to manually change all the layers so that only my roof (or framing) layers are showing, and turn off everything else?

Yes

57 minutes ago, ElkRivers said:

Or is there an easier way?

That would be Chief Premier :)

Pro 2019 (please update your signature) has Plan Views. 

New Plan View. Open multiple tabbed windows of the same plan view,  show different floors separately or adjust displayed layers in different  tabs.

I'm not familiar with how they are implemented in Pro -- check the reference manual, but they save zoom levels, layer settings and other things, like floor. 

If you are working on a kitchen, for example, you could zoom in on just the kitchen, turn on or off specific layers and the save this as a named Plan View. You could then open that Plan View and all the settings would be remembered.

You should be able to create a roof, or framing Plan View, and then send it to layout.