theallan

1 3/4 story

First up, I'm using Home Designer Pro 2019.

I'm trying to draw up a 1 3/4 height house (I'm sure it has a technical term which I'm not aware of - apologies). Attached is a little paint mock up image of the second story end elevation - the wall is intersected by the plane of the roof, cutting it off about half way up. I'm guessing that this probably needs to be a knee wall, but if I select that option there isn't any option to set its height. Or perhaps I need to set the roof baseline, which I can't find an option for, or something else.

I found the documentation for a 1 1/2 story house, but I can't see how to have 90deg walls for part of the height.

**edit** This image shows more or less what I am trying to do: http://www.scotframe.co.uk/SelfBuild/HomesPortfolio/134Storey/Orange.aspx .

Thanks,

Allan

3-4.png

I see you said Pro, but ...

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Ceiling height sets the wall height when you auto build the roof.

Set the 2nd level ceiling height, build the roof. When the roof is correct, turn off auto rebuild, and change the ceiling height to be correct.