Automatically Spacing Lights

litelineinc

I tried searching the forum with all the different ways I could think of to word this, but nothing came up.

If I wanted to illuminate a wall with recessed lights, is there a way to plug in that I want a certain number of lights on a selected wall, each being the same distance from the wall and have CA automatically plug them in?

For example, I'd select a hallway wall, then say that along this wall I want 5 recessed lights at 16" out?

This will save a lot of time compared to tape measuring the wall, doing the math, then manually plotting each fixture.

Thanks!

yes you can ,use the transform replicate tool  on the bottom of the screen left hand corner scroll over these icons . best way to learn that edit tool is to play with it !!!! Try it with small squares . make a square with the retangular polyline tool  ( top tool bar towards the right set the square to 6" for this EXAMPLE  . Now click on that square you will get a bunch of red handles ( that is another thing to learn lol ) Once it is highlighted click the transform replicate tool again on the bottom tool bar . You will get  another drop down menu in that box you will have a copy radio button put the # of copies counting the first square in that box . you will see below this more radio buttons labeled x y & z axis X if i remember correctly moves the object up & down  ( north & south ) Y  - LEFT & RIGHT Z moves up and down in a vertical postion . Now if you want  them to move 6 "apart in the X axis place 12" THAT IS HALF OF THE FIRST SQUARE  3" + 6"  ( dist.) + 3" = 12" then hit transform replicate . Now try it with the y axis , which is what  i beleive you might need  ( left to right ) You should be able to do this with other objects also . Point to point tools & centering tools are   very usefull also . I AM STILL LEARNING ALSO BUT BOY THIS PROGRAM IS NEAT !! HOPE THIS HELPS . Always double check layers  for  items are on !! Not sure which camera would be best to do this with lights . A  - NEGATIVE SIGN  BEFORE THE # WILL MOVE IT IN AN OPPOSITE DIRECTION