roof plane not aligned to building

jparken

My out building is not aligned to the main structure and when I build the roof plane it does not align to the wall I can get to align by using control to move it but the pitch of the roof stays aligned to the grid I have watched a few tutorials but have not found an answer. I tried a test building by itself and had the same trouble but not with auto roof rebuild. My other roofs are kind of unique and forgo me from turning on auto roof rebuild

.John Parken

Whatever you have application wise if the out building's slab is higher or lower than the main structure then you have to manually adjust the "floor level" of the out building separately from the main building. The software is merely a mechanical device that you must do the thinking (presetting and programming) for. It "assumes" all structures on a floor share a common absolute floor and ceiling heights that are set in "Edit - Default Settings - Floor - Structure Tab", so any differences in terms of absolute relative heights between buildings is something you must be responsible for.

DJP

You have made a fundamental and common mistake by drawing your building in the software at an off plumb angle. The software is designed to operate best at right angles, the building orientation should be to the software's "North" up-screen - South - Down-screen". You then add a "North Pointer" object to graphically show "Magnetic North" ( See 2D Line tools menu for creating a "North Pointer"). You never cant or rotate the structure as it makes drawing off angle roof baselines and other objects unnecessarily difficult.

DJP