Creating a 3:2 aspect ratio camera view for export

breezegus

Hi,

With Home Designer Pro 2016, I would like to set the camera view to automatically show a rendering with a 3:2 aspect ratio. When my real estate agent submits photos to our local MLS, the photos are automatically cropped to a 3:2 aspect ratio. To prevent random cropping, I would like to view and submit renderings in the correct 3:2 ratio. How do I change the settings so every time I get a camera view, I am looking at a 3:2 jpeg rendering? When I go to export a jpeg camera rendering and adjust to a 3:2 aspect ratio (1280 pixel width x 853 pixel height), I get a full view rendering that is just compressed to a 3:2 aspect ratio, which makes the jpeg look very distorted. 

Thanks

When you initially go to export the view, it's going to be exactly what you see on your screen.  Don't mess with the aspect ratio because it'll end up distorted.  Just resize the program window until what you see in the export dialog is close to the ratio you want.

Or just export it normally and then crop it in Gimp or some other photo editing software.