verandah/Porch attached to wall of first floor

RobynKS

HomedesingerQuestion17Aug14.doc

I have a feeling i just lost my questions . ssSo here they are again.

Hi I want to attach a verandah to a first floor wall with post as my foundations. The verandah roof needs to be 12 degrees. How do I do that? with Home designer Pro 2014. The floor of the porch/verandah has a deck on piers beares joists and decking. I know how to add the deck but when I add the roof it jumps up and connects to the roof of the second storey.

2. Do I need to come back here to the home talk to find an answer or will someone email me at abodesyes@gmail.com

3. Do the plans actually print to scale of 1:100 when they printout my printer ran out of ink while printing the "users guide' and the reference manual. :)

4. The other thing I want to do is have a 1.5m wall height under the 45 degree gable roof pitch on the second floor.

5. The next thing is to have a post and beam foundation in place of a slab.

Many Thanks

Robyn

email abodesyes@gmail.com

or my everyday email is beautyschoolbooks@gmail.com

HomedesingerQuestion17Aug14.doc

Hi Robyn , you should post new questions in the Q&A section, this is Sales FAQ but to get you started

Note this is a End User Forum so all answers including mine are from other Users of the Software , but you can also contact HD Tech Support on the Website if needed.

You can use the More reply options button and add pics directly to your post you don't need to post .docs , that way they will be easier to look at too.

there is a thread on how to add pics in the Q&A section if you don't know how?

1. you set the 12 ° roof pitch in the wall DBX of the front/outer Verandah wall (where railing is) , use the Verandah/deck "Room" to set the height of the Verandah wall/posts. Is this a shed roof ? make sure your other wall settings are right,(for the type of roof it has).  In the box under Roof Pitch you need to check "upper roof" and set the Angle/pitch for the main Roof of the house ,set the "in from baseline" measurement to the depth of the verandah from railing to wall.  ( look at KB article on Gull wing roofs if unsure)   

2. yes you need to return here to read/answer questions but you can set the Forum Options to email you if someone answers your question.

I would remove your email addresses from the 1st posts , or the Spambots will find them and start sending junkmail.......

3. HD will print at any scale you designate/input in the Printer Dialog Box (DBX)  however that is for plans only , not for the manual and other documents.

I am not surprised you ran out off Ink ...paper will be next as the Ref. Manual is over 1000 pages , the User guide is 250? approx.

4. Fairly easy ,look in the Knowledge base  (KB) ( see my sig.)  at the article on how to build a storey and a 1/2 home.. and perhaps a few others like how to build a CapeCod Roof.

5. Also doable , search the KB for articles on Post and Beam and Pier Foundations.  There is also and article on an Elevated House which might be what you are looking for.

Mick.

Thank you so very much Mick. I have read those articals and tried what they said but I was using Home designer Architect I now have HomeD pro so will read them again. I have printed the Guide and the referance manual up to page 895. Will buy more ink today. The manuals will not save to my computer I dont know why. I appreciate your time. Its 8am here was around 5.30am  in Australia when I posted so was not expecting such a quick reply.

1st off you shouldn't be up that early on a Sunday !  ,Sat. afternoon here , but my Brother lives in Sydney too so I keep a track of the time difference.

Both the Manual and User Guide download from HD as PDF's but don't Auto-save to your computer you must use the Save Button ( looks like computer floppy disk) or the File>Save As or Save a Copy Menu item to save files to your HomeDesigner Folder which is usually in :

C:\Users\*yourname*\My Documents\Home Designer Pro 2014 Data\                    

( or something close to that, My Documents is one of your "Libraries" , if you are using Windows 7 ,easier to find that way.)  

in the Data folder I made a Folder called Manuals to save them too and also save the KB Articles there too via Printing them to PDF instead of really printing them.

I'll look for more questions in the Q&A section , if you have trouble with the Tutorials.....practice the new techniques on a practice plan or a copy of your original , don't practice on your Main plan till you have it down , most HD Tutorials start with a 40x30 rect. building so I have a plan saved with that and just open it each time I use a Tutorial, then do a "save as" and save the Tutorial Plan with a name matched to the tutorial for easy reference later.

Enjoy  your Sunday..

Mick.

Oh Mick great minds think alike. I have been saving my plans in stages as I practice. After three weeks I now have 1200 saved plans all with some hallarios mistakes. My grandchildren will have such fun with my "Lets Climb Another Mountain" album