Floor disappeared?!

ArronHyatt

Help please!? 

An area of floor has disappeared on this house, I can no longer select on the room concerned, and the ceiling (underside of roof) has gone too! Other walls on this floor (1st -1 above ground) have their walls also shown on the attic plan (though this must have been automatic as I didn't draw this way). Fairly complicated roof over the top, but I dare not press the auto roofs as it comes up with a very random roof design, this is bound to be something really simple but I'm out of ideas and can't even select the room itself to look at floor/ceiling options? If anyone can tell me how to attach screen shot images here I can add them, wouldn't let me upload (upload skipped error). Thanks

Also look on the Structure Tab of the room specification dialog that has no floor, a common cause is that "Floor under this room" is unchecked thus causing no floor to be visually there. You could also have that unchecked and the other settings are "Floor provided by the foundation below" and or "Monolithic Slab Floor" without first having created a foundation to supply the floor. It is being caused by something and that something is usually an improper setting that you need to find and correct.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...

My situation is exactly the same as Arron with some (not all) 2nd story room definitions and floors/ceilings disappearing.  I have the Pro 2017 version.  I cannot get to the room definition dialogue as none will appear when rooms are clicked on.  I have checked to see if all walls are connected and they seem to be.  I too have manually created a fairly complicated roof and so don't wish to mess with that.  Any help would be greatly appreciated in restoring the 2nd floor room definitions and floors.  Thank you!

• 1 month later...