Home Designer Pro 2017

jsteele22

I downloaded the Home Designer Pro 2017 Trial on my Macbook pro, it keeps shutting down unexpected... is this a common problem with the software? or just an issue because I have the trial version?

Also, My primary focus on purchasing this program is to design plans to my local building department, the require the following: Plot plan, Title sheet with design criteria, Foundation plan, Floor plan, Electrical plan, HVAC plan, Roof framing plan, Building elevations, Foundation & framing details. 

Will this program allow me to create each of these sheets? I really don't want to buy AutoCad...

Thank You!

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Home Designer Pro. What you are experiencing with the software shutting down is not normal and we would like to help.  Please contact us by calling 208-292-3400 and press 1 for sales.  Let the Sales Rep. know you are working with the trial version and we will get you through to someone that can troubleshoot the issue.

Yes, Home Designer Pro can create layout pages for construction drawings along the lines of what you have described.  The maximum sheet/paper size that this product can generate is Arch C (18" x 24"). 

If you are an industry professional, you may want to consider our Chief Architect Premier product.  The Premier version is more efficient and detailed in creating construction documents, there is more design flexibility and no limitation on page size so you can generate full Arch D (24" x 36") or larger if needed.  You can rent-to-own Premier for $199 or buy for $2,695.  Here is a comparison matrix that shows the differences between Home Designer Pro and Chief Architect products. https://cloud-hd.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/sales/x8-feature-matrix-hdpro2017.pdf

I hope this helps and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions (just ask for Derek)

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Sales