Is a simple feature missing in product ?

seekingbuddha

I am new to home designer software, and installed  Interiors product to test it out. I am noticing that there is no mention of  a key combination in the menus  to  scroll  a plan  (that i am viewing)   up or down.  I have to reach for the mouse and move it and then move the scroll bar.  Usually, there is a key  that  one can hold down,  while  using the  wheel on the mouse  in order scroll something up or down (like you do in browsers).   But,  SHIFT or CONTROL or ALT key holding down does not activate this easy to use scroll-wheel of a mouse.   So, if you have a big plan that spans  multiple pages  (and you do not want to use the zoom feature, for whatever reason)  then the only option is to  reach for the scroll bar.  As an experienced computer  pro, i find this  irritating lack  in a sophisticated software product.   Am i missing something ??  Is there a way to do what i want ?

As a general comment on movement around plans with Home Designer:

I originally found movement a little cumbersome even with the keyboard option.  However once I upgraded to the 2017 I decided to give a 3DConnexion mouse a go as they're now supported and its awesome.

I can now leave all movement both in 2D and 3D views to one hand leaving my dominant hand free to use the mouse and keyboard.  It's the first time I've used a 3D mouse but I am never going back to the old approach for CAD software!