alignment of first floor and basement

mbarcus

If you design a house with a basement and interior walls in the basement (with auto foundation turned off), and need to change the outside dimensions of the house, how do you realign the first floor and the foundation? Is this a manual operation or is there a way to realign without losing the basement interior walls?

Here is the situation:

HD PRO 2014

House design in progress with the following:

Full walkout basement using ICFs for all exterior walls.

All exterior walls on first floor use SIPs.

I need to align the exterior surfaces of the insulation on the ICFs with the exterior OSB on the SIPs for siding to go on ICFs and SIPs.

It seems the program uses the main layer of walls to align first floor and basement walls. If I set the main layers to match the surfaces above, the program also uses these surfaces to define interaction of interior walls with exterior walls, so all interior walls intersect into the exterior walls to the surfaces above.

I had set the main layer to deal with the interior/exterior wall interaction, but now I can't get the first floor and basement walls to align.

I must be missing something.

perhaps not ...think I saw you post about the wall connections , you may have found a bug ? I'd put in a tech support request about it cos playing with the layers would have been my suggestion for the problem now you explained a bit better... however are the layer thickness per Pro as per the real world products? perhaps you need to "fool" pro by making the outside layer of Foam 1/2 thick not 2 1/2 " as is default for me ?.....

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion as you may have more options in Pro 14 than I have in 10.

M.