Sign in to follow this  
ExpatWorkshop

Advice on Wall Definition Needed

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to HD Pro 2016 and need advice on wall construction. I am modelling my home as-is in Home designer and need some advice on replicating the current all construction within HD Pro 2016.

My home is basically a steel frame construction (220mm x 220mm steel I-Beams) with vertical and truss steel. In-between the vertical steel columns there is concrete blockwork and the whole outer skin is brickwork.

How would I go about modelling that in HD Pro 2016?

All help and advice welcome!

I don't know how to accurately model the steel, but the rest is straight forward. 

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Hi Eric,

Yes, the rest is also straight forward for me, it's the steel frame that I can't see how to model...

OK, so I think I have figured this out myself :)  It's all in the Framing...

Under Build --> Framing --> Build Framing... you can change the options for Posts (in my case these would be steel I-Beam columns) through the Edit Post Defaults... button. In there, under General, you can specify the post Type and there is a Steel I-Beam option...