Sign in to follow this  
DavidSkilton

How to create a polyline terrain with compound angles?

I have a flat block of land that I have just purchased and I want to design the home I'm going to build on it. It is a 7 sided block with only one 90 degree corner.

However, I do know the angles of all the corners of the block very accurately, also the exact length of each on the seven sides.

How do I draw a polyline shape and specifically set the angles and lengths of each of the sides?

Home Designer Architectural 2016

img20151127_22180245.pdf

Have you reviewed the Knowledge Base articles on Terrain? A forum search for Terrain and or Plot should find some topics of interest. Search YouTube for David Potter -- he has some videos that may help.

A common method is to import your Plot Plan as an image and trace over it. That will be accurate enough for most.

--------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

If you will post images and/or the plan file, that will help as well. Make sure it's closed in Home Designer first. You can zip it if it is to big to post.

Resources for self help:

• Upvote 1