Strange icon on screen.. how to remove

d1g1taldude

I'm new here... please forgive my ignorance.

I've got a icon on the screen that I can't figure out how to remove. Not even sure how I got it on there.

If anyone can please tell me what it is and how to remove it. Please see attachment

I'm just starting to get the hang of this program. It is a big learning curve but I can see the great potential for it. 

My wife and I have purchased a corner lot on a cul-de-sac with nothing but farm land behind us. Looking forward to the peace and quite of the country.

Thanks

Alan

post-384-0-21229300-1404587118_thumb.png

Welcome to the forum.  We were all new once.  The software is telling you that you have turned off angle snaps.  In the Menu -> Edit -> Snap Settings -> Angle Snaps (toggle on) and the cursor icon will go away.  Alternately, F10 is the default key setting to toggle them on and off.

In general, you want to design with angle snaps on so that walls end up parallel and/or perpendicular.  If angle snaps are turned off, it is easy to propogate inaccuracies in the design which can lead to frustration.  If you need a non-standard angle, it is better to make that adjustment after initially drawing the object either by holding down the CTRL-key and dragging, or by using the Transform/Replicate tool to rotate to a precise angle of rotation.

Hope this helps. :)

you can set additional angles too Edit>Defaults>Plan>Allowed Angles there is a checkbox for 7.5° and 15° but you can add a number of your own too, though I think it already has "inbuilt" angles for common angles eg 22.5° so you can't set it and will get a warning.

I don't usually use Angle snaps by default (grid snaps are on though) , so in newer versions the cursor blinks if you turn them off ? can that be disabled? it doesn't happen in Pro 10 , at least not with Angle Snaps turned off in Preferences>Edit>Snaps DBX....

Mick