Material mixed with colour

arthur17crusader

In HDA2014 in setting the default materials of the floor, is it possible to mix a material with a colour? For example, in floor covering mix a specific parquet material with, say, a specific brown colour?  I know I can create a customised material, add it to the library and apply it to the room in the default settings. I also know I can do it in the 3D mode, but I wonder if there is a way to do it for all the rooms at the same time.

You'll most likely need to create and save a custom material and then set that material as the default in the Default Settings -> Materials dialog.

If you've already created an elaborate plan and want to see how the material color combinaton looks, the Dollhouse view, Eyedropper, and Spray Can tools will be your friends ... but only if you are careful about how you use them; that is, pay particularly close attention to the Spray Can edit sub-tools and know what each does when applied to your model.

Good luck. :)

You can blend the colour with the texture on the texture tab in the Material Definition DBX (rainbow icon) , eg in 3d mode but it will depend on whether you are using Room Definitions in your plan or not ? I think , if all rooms are "unspecified" each room will use the "Floor Default- Floor Covering"  (edit>Defaults>Floor) , if you have specified rooms , it will use the floor  material defined under materials in the Room DBX which may or may not be the default floor eg bathrooms / kitchens may have Stone or Tile.

You maybe able to "Unspecify" rooms temporarily?  assuming they are Open to Below or similar rooms with special features you need...

lightened the colour                     the result

post-25-0-48159000-1404600690_thumb.png                 post-25-0-91160700-1404600705_thumb.png