Materials List

rocky01

I am running CA HD pro 2014.

I built a house using ICF foundation but when I do a materials list the ICF part of the list is way out of wack.

I calculated a single wall by hand and it should have 28 blocks. HD says I need 52?

The rest of the materials for the same list are close enough to use for an estimate but the ICF is not even close.

The ICF in the list says 16*48*2 1/2 for a demension.

Any thoughts any one?

The materials list feature ONLY measures how and what you put into the model (plan file), so if the blocks are not properly scaled to match howyou will build that will give you a goofy number of blocks, in other words if you built the plan file perfectly in every detail, it will then and only then provide a useable materials list. Software is just a mechcanical device and it just measures in terms of a materials list from how and how well you put the structure together, No tricks, only methodical making sure your model duplicates the intended house.

DJP

Hi , David we both know the materials list generation is very quirky and not only with ICFs it does it with CMU walls too...

The block used in HD is actually 16h x 48w x 12 Deep  , you can alter the measurement to read 12" ( 2 1/2 is the foam thickness not the wall thickness)  by selecting the wall and opening the Component DBX , double click on the Size (its under wallboard for some reason, here at least) and edit 2 1/2 to 12" and hit ok ( not add).

However I don't think that size controls the real size the program uses to draw the ICF and calculate the Materials or not but at least the schedule will print right.

Just drew a short ICF Wall for my own knowledge and while the Mat. List shows 40 blocks , the Pic shows 21 , 6 rows x 3 full blocks= 18  (plus 6 rows x 1/2 block) +3 = 21

So I am guess I've done something wrong too ? I love to clear up this confusion so I could use the Materials as intended when I brought Pro but I can't trust it . so end up doing take offs by hand.

What the error about  "Cannot find SF,18-Lumber " is on the materials list is a new one on me too. how this comprises a "Buy List" I am not sure since I've never seen a lumber yard selling 12'9 3/4 lumber  , you have to buy a 14' , looking at the list I actually need (28) 14' and (4) 16'  ( for the deck , I haven't built , nor a Roof ......I drew a single wall 159" long, in 12" thick ICF only. and did a take off from Area, also  note there is no Rebar allowed for whatsoever either for the ICF cavity.

M.

post-25-0-84141200-1402613059_thumb.png

• 9 months later...