Changing roof pitches screws up the rest of the roof?

tracer123

Hello,

I uploaded a video to imgur to show exactly what I mean. File size was too big to upload here. When I tried to change the roof pitches on this little kick out on the back of the house to 12" its screws up the rest of the roof for some reason. Don't know exactly what's going on. I was able to do it no problem on the front of the house for some reason. Please ignore the different siding types, I'm just messing around with the software trying some things lol. 

I'm using the most recent version of Home Designer Pro if that makes a difference.

Video link: https://imgur.com/a/eAnDQUQ

Any ideas? Thanks!

@tracer123 I had the same issue using Chief Architect Premier, for some reason it changes part of the main roof to a 12 also. I drew my version of your plan and got the same results. To fix this I had to draw two cad lines see attached pictures and break the end gable on those lines which are 4" apart. change the 4" section back to a hip roof and that should fix it.

623915258_CREAZYROOF.thumb.PNG.b77d366dab71bb9f433672bd250eb522.PNG1771685888_FIXEDROOF.thumb.PNG.d64ca152fe9b17283a0dfd4f9d2fda06.PNG

23 hours ago, Garybills said:

@tracer123 I had the same issue using Chief Architect Premier, for some reason it changes part of the main roof to a 12 also. I drew my version of your plan and got the same results. To fix this I had to draw two cad lines see attached pictures and break the end gable on those lines which are 4" apart. change the 4" section back to a hip roof and that should fix it.

623915258_CREAZYROOF.thumb.PNG.b77d366dab71bb9f433672bd250eb522.PNG1771685888_FIXEDROOF.thumb.PNG.d64ca152fe9b17283a0dfd4f9d2fda06.PNG

That worked! Thank you so much. How'd you manage to figure that out? If you don't mind me asking.

12 hours ago, tracer123 said:

That worked! Thank you so much. How'd you manage to figure that out? If you don't mind me asking.

It took a little trial and error, I knew it had something to do with that end wall so I broke it and kept moving it until the 4” worked. Splitting the screen and watch it in 3D helped to see what was going on. I had the same problem on a project and never spent any time trying to figure it out so I changed it manually. You would think it would work by just breaking the wall but it doesn’t.