Roof issues

Janetcrouch

Go to solution Solved by Garybills,

I am having trouble with a roof design and I don't know quite how to fix it. I am drawing a small church. It's really a cathedral! I'm attaching an overview picture of my problem. Where the roof over the Foyer/balcony meets the bell tower, it's making a little gable and then makes a weird roofline. Any ideas how to fix this? I also need to change the pitch on this area and hopefully lower it a bit to match the ridge over the sanctuary. I'm not sure it that's possible. Or maybe I need to raise the ridge of the sanctuary or both. Roofs are the hardest thing for me! Any suggestions would be helpful and if you need more views, I can upload those as well. Thank you for all your help. I just bought the 2024 version! Oh. I probably need to change that on my profile as well.

Roof problem.jpg

Roof problem view 2.jpg

Roof problem 3.jpg

• Solution

Here is an example I did, sorry I couldn't make a video showing how so I hope this helps.

You need this wall to be Gable to get rid of the hip roof you have.

1849529447_Church1.thumb.PNG.4ea78bdfaf6d6369ca1e2ba9abbac70a.PNG

Delete this roof plane.

582326913_Church2.thumb.PNG.67b9fe4f0b3ae9242231ca9133b49b18.PNG

Edit the main roof plane.

2094319514_Church3.thumb.PNG.e3ceaece196554a6066c11f7a908a71d.PNG

It worked Gary! Thank you so much. I think something happened and turned off auto rebuild roof. When I turned it back on, it looked more like yours and then I was able to fix it how you suggested. I also changed the pitch on both large sections to 12:12 and I think that looks better too. Now if I can just figure out how to do trusses in the sanctuary area. I'm hoping my upgrade makes it easier.

Roof fix.jpg

roof fix2.jpg

Roof fix3.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Janetcrouch said:

It worked Gary! Thank you so much. I think something happened and turned off auto rebuild roof. When I turned it back on, it looked more like yours and then I was able to fix it how you suggested. I also changed the pitch on both large sections to 12:12 and I think that looks better too. Now if I can just figure out how to do trusses in the sanctuary area. I'm hoping my upgrade makes it easier.

Roof fix.jpg

roof fix2.jpg

Roof fix3.jpg

Don't forget your cricket between the sanctuary and the bell Tower. Here is a link to a short Chief video on the Cricket if it works with HDP.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1597/creating-a-roof-cricket.html?playlist=95