User Library - Importing Sketchup 3D Garage door - does not behave like a door

naturepreserve

Hello Wise Users of Home Designer Pro

(Using the latest distribution version of 64 bit 2023, build 24.3.0.84)

I found a modern Garage Door out on 3D Warehouse giving the general vibe of door style not found in the stock library nor in a Manufacturer one.

Imported the symbol (.skp format) no issues (custom 18' x 8' modern door)

I could not locate anything to define the object as a "door" other than [Components] [ID] "Doors" from the drop down.

When placing the new 3d symbol into the location on the garage wall, it insists on not inserting like a door - and deflects to inside or outside the wall - so it does not auto frame like a stock door.

After placing the new garage door, one can shift the symbol into the wall - but it is an overlay and does not frame the door.  I'm trying to locate where such behavior parameters can be set.

No luck under [Open Object]   Nothing under any of the tabs changes the 3D symbol behavior to make it behave like a "door" - as in "show open in 3d"

Any help would be appreciated

I doubt you will be able to since not setup as a Home Designer Door but more likely just a 3d object no different than a piece of furniture or 3d box shape.

Maybe install a normal HD garage door and then try to PAINTwhat this one looks like onto it?

but make sur eyou get one that is a single panel and not made from multiple panels