Launching on MAC

MichaelRG

On a MAC: when I close Home Designer and later attempt to open it, nothing happens.  I have to "Quit" Home Designer first then relaunch the program.  Currently running with Ventura 13.0.1.  Note, however, this behavior was present in previous versions.  Mostly a hassle, but would appreciate it going away.

MacBook Pro 2019 - so not related to M1 or M2. 

I realize that the terminology is different between Mac OS and Windows.  In this case, "Close" means clicking on the Red X at the top of the window - my usual habit when done using the software.  When I minimize the window (Yellow "-"), it maximizes again when clicking on the "HD" Icon in the Dock as expected.
Quit means Clicking on the Home Designer options on the top menu (next to the apple) and selecting Quit.

Also to note: This is Home Designer Suite 2022.

• 6 months later...
On 1/29/2023 at 6:57 AM, MichaelRG said:

I realize that the terminology is different between Mac OS and Windows.  In this case, "Close" means clicking on the Red X at the top of the window - my usual habit when done using the software.  When I minimize the window (Yellow "-"), it maximizes again when clicking on the "HD" Icon in the Dock as expected.
Quit means Clicking on the Home Designer options on the top menu (next to the apple) and selecting Quit.

Also to note: This is Home Designer Suite 2022.

I have the same issue when you click the red cross you think you close the program. Its shows as if its still open. You have to Quit to totally close the program. This is common with Mac os as far as I am aware.