Subscription service

Fredo649

I am a HD Pro user and have been for a long time now. With this new subscription service being introduced for Chief in the new year how will this affect HD Pro users or will we still be able to update to newer versions of HD Pro without a subscription ?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.  The change to subscriptions for Chief Architect products on Jan. 10, 2023, will not affect Home Designer products unless you are planning to upgrade your Home Designer Pro to Chief Architect.  If you upgrade to Chief Architect by Jan. 9, you will upgrade to a perpetual license of Chief Architect.  If you upgrade to Chief Architect on Jan 10 and beyond, you will be upgrading to a subscription of Chief Architect.

Please feel free to call or email with any questions.  208.292.3400 or sales@chiefarchitect.com

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Sales

42 minutes ago, ChiefArchitect said:

Hello,

Thank you for the question.  The change to subscriptions for Chief Architect products on Jan. 10, 2023, will not affect Home Designer products unless you are planning to upgrade your Home Designer Pro to Chief Architect.  If you upgrade to Chief Architect by Jan. 9, you will upgrade to a perpetual license of Chief Architect.  If you upgrade to Chief Architect on Jan 10 and beyond, you will be upgrading to a subscription of Chief Architect.

Please feel free to call or email with any questions.  208.292.3400 or sales@chiefarchitect.com

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Sales

I was not talking about updating from HD Pro to Chief as HD Pro works fine for what I do. My question was will we still be able to update to newer versions of HD Pro when they are released like maybe HD Pro 2014 without a subscription ?