Cannot Download Core Catalogs on new MacBook

Normando

Admittedly, I'm still using HD Pro 2017 since I'm merely a hobbyist.

I've dowloaded and installed the package on my new MacBook, Monterey, 12.3. It installed fine, and accepted the license key.

Then, the offer was made to download the core catalogs. I clicked Yes, and then got the following message:

"Security software or a firewall is blocking the program from accessing the catalog download server, or you have no internet connection. Please re-configure and try downloading the catalogs again." 

Does anyone have a tip about this? My internet connection is good, but I am not sure where (or why) I should meddle with my firewall when I only just now download the app successfully.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Good luck.. Re-installed on a new MacBook today, license key went in just fine... Followed all the KB articles to manually download core catalogs with zero success.

Called HomeDesigner support, they referred me to the same KB articles you can get on a search, and on the second contact with support they included some useless activation KB link and another link to this forum.

Total Shite... Even though you might own an older version, you are SOL because they could care less until you upgrade.

Shame on you Chief Architect / Home Designer...  Remember where your paycheck comes from, its the loyal customers.