How to define ICF block size?

SteveBeitscher

String copied from Chief Architect posting (I am a Home Designer user so I should have been posting over here.)

I am looking to define the ICF block size and am attempting to change the default size of an existing wall to the size of the blocks I am using.

I am not having any luck yet and thought I would post my first question to the community.

* Home Designer Pro 2022, Build 23.4.1.8X64

* Durisol/Nexcem Blocks 12" Tall x 12" Deep x 24" Wide

* See image

Regarding:

Those are not really blocks, but are simply an image that you may resize to change how the blocks display.

If this is true then is it safe to assume that HD can not calculate and tell me how many blocks I need to purchase (i.e doesn't populate the materials list)?

attempting to change the default size of an existing wall

I already created the wall and was trying to change the ICF size. When I made the changes in the Component/Insulating Foam Block form the image did not change even though I changed this parameter in the object.

My goal is to get a proper image of the ICF Block I am using and have the proper number required populate the materials list.

Regarding:

Get the vendor spec sheets and create an accurate wall type.

Copy a wall type and then edit it to your needs.

I have the spec sheet.

I have not located a dialogue box to edit it and see a change to the image nor I assume the material list.

(See image- is this not the correct place?)

Maybe my expectations of the software are greater than it's capabilities and I need to calculate this manually?

HDicf.JPG

11 minutes ago, SteveBeitscher said:

Those are not really blocks, but are simply an image that you may resize to change how the blocks display.

If this is true then is it safe to assume that HD can not calculate and tell me how many blocks I need to purchase (i.e doesn't populate the materials list)?

Open a material -- CMU or brick, for example, and review the Materials List panel.

Use one of these materials on a wall in a test plan and check the materials list to see what's captured.

See the Pattern and Texture panels to see how a material might be resized for a more accurate visual representation.