gable roof over patio-won't go

AlanS7

I can't get my plan to build a roof over the patio area. I can start a new plan and it will work. It just doesn't do anything.

Why can't my developed plan accept a vaulted gable roof where I want it.

I first split the wall where the sliding door is and then selected it. open it and choose gable roof.

I have attached my plan.

HD Pro 2022

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 4.16.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 4.18.52 PM.png

main alt 01.plan.zip

15 minutes ago, AlanS7 said:

over the patio area

Your plan has no patio. Your wall has no break.

You need to have Auto Rebuild on, or manually build roofs for the program to make changes.

I did insert a wall break I just didn't save it in the plan. A patio is not required to make a gable roof on the roof plan.

I would work apparently because auto roof return was not checked, as you pointed out. It took me a while to find it.

so now I have it close to what I want.

the only way I can get the 3 posts under the vaulted roof (patio door) is to use the post to beam. this then puts a wall over the beam.

I would rather have center post and cross beams. In the front with the kitchen door I want a shed roof. for some reason it doesn't fill in a flat ceiling and add the end wall above. here also if I change the railing style to post to ceiling it removes the end post on one end. I don't want a post at the wall.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.37.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.37.50 PM.png

main alt 01a.plan.zip

15 minutes ago, AlanS7 said:

A patio is not required to make a gable roof on the roof plan.

You identified the trouble spot by referring to patio, so people looking at the plan will be looking for a patio.

16 minutes ago, AlanS7 said:

I did insert a wall break I just didn't save it in the plan.

When you say you have done something, but the plan does not reflect it, someone reviewing the plan does not know if you simply don't know what you are doing -- I placed a wall break, but there is no wall break, so is the problem you don't know how to place a wall break, or something else.

19 minutes ago, AlanS7 said:

I would work apparently because auto roof return was not checked

Auto roof return has nothing to do with the gable building or not.

People often attach the wrong version of a plan, or just one that does not match images posted making it confusing for those helping.

24 minutes ago, AlanS7 said:

the only way I can get the 3 posts under the vaulted roof

You may manually place posts, and you might experiment with using a truss to place in the gable.

Unwanted walls may be made invisible.