Engineered Steel Building Template

S_Wiggins

Does anyone have a template setup for an Engineered Steel Building using Home Designer Pro 2021.  Or any tips on getting started.  I am a new user but want to design my home based on an engineered steel building (50x100) (50x40 Living).  Siding would be R panel sheet metal with a stone wainscoting.

Metal Building.pdf

There is no template for steel buildings even in Chief Premier but I have done several "steel buildings". What you do is to set your "Default Settings" which includes "Walls" set to steel as the "Main Layer" for exterior walls, you set roof planes - Structural to Steel for the "rafters", this includes layers like the exterior layers of exterior walls showing steel siding, etc and the roof surface material to something appropriate looking.

The thing to remember in drafting is that the virtual model, in terms of plans is representative graphically, it does not need to be absolutely "PERFECT" in every way. No one will EVER live or depend upon the veracity of this virtual construct but it must Look right on its surfaces for printed plans. If you require realistic-looking cross-sections showing trusses then draw such views using 2D CAD tools to represent such objects (Commonly actual trusses, whether for residential or commercial purposes, by LAW can only be designed by State Licensed Structural Engineers anyhow).

DJP

• Upvote 1