RyanSam

Can Not Get Roof to Build Correctly

We only have about 1-month of experience working in Chief Architect Professional.  We have the house built the way we want it, including the 2nd story.  However, the roof will not build.  I've adjusted heights of different rooms and segments of the house to match closely and where I think a roof should build pretty easy and can not get it to work.  

Can you point me to the right tutorials and or advise on how to proceed.  

Also, pointers for door sizes (general size pdf ect.) and window size especially arched windows for like a breakfast area where you plan on having 3 arched windows in a half hexagon cut.  Sorry I don't know the official terms hopefully that makes sense.  

Thanks, 

Ryan 

35 minutes ago, RyanSam said:

We only have about 1-month of experience working in Chief Architect Professional. 

Do you have one of the Home Designer titles -- maybe Home Designer Professional?

37 minutes ago, RyanSam said:

Can you point me to the right tutorials and or advise on how to proceed.  

If you have Pro, and cannot get the roof to build automatically as you want, you can use the manual roof tools, or you could post your plan file here and someone may be able to help. Save the file and close the software before attaching, and you will need to show what you want with an image. Trying to describe how a roof needs to be with words rarely works.

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)