Hp and Imac

mcbutler

I purchased the HDA2014 download after thinking that I read it would load on either windows or I-mac. Have I misunderstood something? I-mac is listed under system requirements but when I try to download to my mac it wont open due to it being a windows app. Can I have it on both my HP and my I-mac or not? If so how do I get it on I-mac at home?

my guess would be you are clicking on the Wndows link for the download and not the Mac link for the download ,but I don't use a Mac so not 100% sure , call the 1-800  before they close if you are in Nth.Amer. perhaps.

Also if you bought it in the last 2-3 weeks you may qualify for the new version 2015 that is being release on May 30th ,though I know Eric (user "egander") is already using the Mac 2015 version, so perhaps you can get it too.... ( there is a 30 day Latest version quarantee when you buy but website doesn't have 2015 yet)

See the announcement at      Mac - Coming Soon! Home Designer 2015     for the phone number to call.  When I called they replaced the HD Architect 2014 stuff in my digital locker with the 2015 version.  I want to think that I saw that the packages < Pro can be installed and active on three computers.  On Pro I think it said it could be installed on multiple but active only on one so you deactivate/activate to move to different computers.

Unless the changed it  all versions except Pro can be installed and working on 3 computers/devices

With Pro you can install it on multiple computers but it will only work on ONE at a time , you need an internet connection ,so you can deactivate it on say your desktop 1st then open Pro on your laptop and activate it there to use it. I think ,new in 2015, is the ability now to do this via your digital locker from your Phone as well.

One other note with Pro , which isn't a concern for all ,but has caught me out, is that it's NEEDS TO CALL HOME , ie connect  to the internet every 14 days or the Program won't open.

M.