KyraWilliams

Materials on Imported 3D Models from SketchUp

Hello,

I am having some difficulty with the scale and properties of materials when applied to non-Chief Architect models (mine are mostly SketchUp models). The two main issues are:

1. The scale of the material is HUGE on the imported model, but looks normal on models from the library

2. Mirror texture shows as grey, not reflective on imported models. (I have not painted the mirror on, but rather selected "mirror" material when I import the model)

Examples of both are attached here. Please help!

2108088041_ScreenShot2019-02-01at3_18_49PM.thumb.png.72b2bcd11b91ccd34153b986ead1aa3c.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 3.20.02 PM.png

You mentioned Chief Architect models -- if you are using Chief, not Home Designer go to: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on, then see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

9 minutes ago, KyraWilliams said:

The scale of the material is HUGE on the imported model, but looks normal on models from the library

I do not know why that is, but you may scale materials as required.

Sorry I forgot to mention I am using Chief Architect Interiors x10.

I can scale the material down, thats fine, however I still can't figure out why the mirror material doesn't work on imported models :(