ChiefUserAndyGa

Can't Build a second floor

When I select the Build-Floor-Build new floor, I do not get the drop down menu that is shown in the online help videos. I have a pic of that menu here.

Capture.JPG

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

What happens when you start a new plan. Just one room. Try to build a new floor.

I did use the help system and you tube and, as I noted, the drop down for specifying another floor would not appear. I tried your suggestion of creating a simple plan and then adding a floor but the program will not respond when I try to open or create a New Plan. I can only save the one I am in under a new name and delete all then draw a simple plan and it will not create a second floor.

I will reach out to Chief tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

After you hit Build new Floor>etc........try this ....

Minimize Suite and see if the Dialog Box (DBX) is hiding behind the Main Window , which can happen if you click the main window making it the "Focus" for Windows. You can also check the taskbar and see if there is a second Icon (which maybe Flashing it needs attention)