Gambrel Roof on all four sides

mradel

I'd like to create a gambrel roof on all four sides of the building and the peaks meet at the upper pitch. 

I'm able to create the correct gambrel on the left/right wall sides.  I used a dormer to create the gambrel roof on the upper/lower walls but I can get the peaks to meet at the upper pitch.

Thank you.

Home Designer Pro 2018

Win 10

Michael

Gambrel Test.plan

Gambrel.thumb.jpg.14a7de35dd8f29e8d2dd915b4d12a688.jpg

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) See the Build Roof dialog. Roof Styles panel.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Everyone responding here is a volunteer. No one is obligated to help. 

Since you have Pro, one way is to raise or lower the roof planes manually.

Using auto built roofs, roofs build over rooms, so you raise or lower the ceiling heights in individual rooms to manipulate the roof heights.

Using an unexploded dormer, raise or lower the dormer side walls in the dormer dialog.

You can also do this without using a dormer, which I would recommend.

Draw walls on the inside to define a room for the side wall roof to build off of. Think of them as exterior walls, setting their parameters to get the roof you want.

ht1.thumb.jpg.26b1b30cd1dde6414ecee5e9d3095b74.jpg