Sign in to follow this  
lifestylehomes

Gable Roof

So, I was able to make the front of the house have a gable that extends over the porch. But, I'm having trouble getting the roof return to extend across the entire front. If I get rid of the railing and make it a full wall, then the roof return works. This, however, doesn't work, because I need it to stay a porch. Can anyone help me figure out what settings I have to adjust (I'm assuming on the porch part) to get the return to run across the whole front?

Thanks in advance

I am using Home Designer Pro 2017

question.JPG

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) Learning how to do manual roofs is the key. It's not difficult, just takes a bit of practice.

See the YouTube videos linked below. Search for advanced roof.  Also search for David Potter videos on YouTube.

3) Posting your plan file will help others help you.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)