Sign in to follow this  
jhall0828

Want Shed Roof Over Bumpout

I am using Home Designer Architectural 2016, and I am trying to add a shed roof over a two story bumpout.  The main roof above the bumpout is a gable end.  When I add a "Gable/Roof Line" across the bumpout to get the correct design for the main roof, the shed roof over the bumpout drops down to the first floor.  I took a couple screen shots, but realized later the quality is poor. Hopefully you can see what I am trying to convey.  If not, I will add some higher definition pictures this evening.

Capture3.JPG       Capture2.JPG       Capture1.JPG

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) You don't need the Gable/Roof Line tool. 

On the second floor, use a Room Divider to continue the gable wall across the bumpout.

Select the resulting 3 parts of the gable wall and set them to Full Gable.

Set the 2 short walls on the bumpout to Full Gable.

jhall0828 1.jpg

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using.

You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page,

click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this

info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Also, check your wall alignments. It looks like the walls right of the bumpout may not be aligned with the walls on the left. 

Select one of the walls, and center it on the other wall. Then check alignment floor to floor and fix using the Align With Wall Below tool.

Thanks for the quick response.  I have updated my signature.  I couldn't find where to edit it, so I'm glad you included the instructions.  I kept looking under profile instead of account settings.  I will try your suggestions when I get home tonight.