ChiefUserBrianJ

Help with Wainscoting and Trim

Hello All,

I'd like to be able to make a board and batten style wainscoting on my walls. I understand that I can use various styles from the library but none of them have so far been close to what I'm trying to do. Essentially what I'd like to be able to do is place various widths of "1 by" material on a wall and make the battens and trim myself. I want the control of being able to place the "boards" where I want so I can do things like merge wainscoting into the trim around a mirror. Kind of like what's in the picture. I don't know if I can do it by using virtual boards like I described above or if I could create my own symbols.

I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible. I should mention that I only have "Interiors". I've been telling myself that I wasn't going to upgrade until I hit a wall in functionality. If this is the wall I'll gladly get the upgrade tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Edited by ChiefUserBrianJ
Added picture

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) No picture attached.

3) You can use a Soffit if available, to create trim. Search the library for a Closed box shape, which may also work.

4) You might also edit this post to point others to the one with a picture.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thanks for the reply. I've edited my signature, added the picture, and deleted the duplicate post.

I've checked the library for the closed box shape before and didn't find it when I was trying to make a wall niche. I'm assuming it's not available in Interiors? 

I'm unsure what interiors has available. 

Is there no Soffit Tool

One possible option is to use cabinets for the paneling, but again, I'm not familiar with Interiors.

Interiors is limited in its functionality, and replicating the woodwork in your image will be a challenge in any of the Home Designer titles.

You might download a trial copy of Suite. It has many limitations too, but does have the shapes to help with a project like this.

Yes there is a Soffit Tool and it's exactly what I've been looking for! I was searching the library browser instead of looking in the "build" tools. Thank you very much for the help.