Adding a brick only garage to an timber-brick veneer house

JustJames

I am trying to create drawings of an existing 1960's house that has an adjoining garage constructed of brick (only) walls, connected to a brick veneer timber framed house. The garage walls are of a 'stem wall with incorporated piers' construction, where the wall is a single brick thick. The house and adjoining garage share a common wall, plus a continuous hip roof, uniform external brickwork and foundation stem wall. My initial problem is that when I create walls for the garage to connect to the house, the main layers for the garage wall (inner brickwork surface) and house (structural timber frame outer layer) align incorrectly due to their different construction and HDpro's automatic wall connection method, preventing a continuous external brickwork result. I have an approx result by creating a hypothetical garage wall with invisible timber framing, but the true garage framing and walls above the eave soffit disappear. Creating a pony wall on the garage foundation stem wall could not be accommodated at the common 'brick veneer' wall (at least by me). I have not been able to work out if/how 'manual' walls can be drawn in HDP. I note the many pieces of advice on CA Knowledge Base stating 'do not mess with assigning non structural wall components as main layers'.

What approach could I use to address this wall apparently complex to draw wall connection?

(Also, The surface of the floor of the house (floorboards on joists) is 8" above the surface of the garage (concrete pad). Plus, the ceilings of the garage and house are of different heights and construction.)

-

Pro 2014