TopShelf

Cabinets and Materials List

Hello all, and thanks for checking out my question.

My company is primarily a cabinet supply and install business and I've been using Home Designer Pro to do kitchen mockups and some technical drawings.  I've run into a roadblock when attempting to use it for materials list, especially doors and drawer fronts.  When I configure the cabinet e.g. 36" high, 30 wide, 24 deep using a Euro style box with a slab door and drawer, I can configure the separation + drawer + separation + 2 doors to indicate a "standard" cabinet (4-1/2" toe kick, 1-1/4" countertop, 1/4" separation followed by 6" drawer, 1/8" separation, and 23-7/8 doors). When I tell it to list materials, however, the list shows a 6-1/4" drawer and two doors whose width is 14 15/16" instead of 14-7/8".  No matter what I do with the "Box construction" and "Door / drawer overlay", I cannot get it to produce a materials list that is correct.

Am I misunderstanding how these calculations are made based on overlay / box construction, or is there a bug in the program?

If anyone else has encountered this and has any input I'd appreciate your help.  Tech support was not able to resolve this for me at this point.

Thanks

Could you post a simple plan file demonstrating this? 

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

I haven't yet figured out how to post a plan but did upload images of the settings that i have been working with and the results.

Image 1 shows a 6" drawer front, image 2 the doors.  Image3 shows the "general" cabinet options, and image4 is the resulting materials list.

CA1

CA2

CA3

CA4

Thanks,

Shawn

Looks like you uploaded the images to your gallery, then linked to them from the post.

In the future, you may upload them directly to the post, and a plan file would work the same (make sure it's not open in Home Designer), by clicking on the More Reply Options button (right or the Post button). First Choose File, then Attach File.

The Gallery is more for showing off your work, and images linked as you did work differently from images loaded directly into the post.

Anyway, I'd still like a plan file to look at. That way we get your exact settings without trying to duplicate them manually.

Sorry, can't open the 2017 version, I'm using 2016.

Sorry, can't open the 2017 version, I'm using 2016.

And that's why filling out your sig is important.

Separations are 5/8, 7/8, 3/8

post-171-0-27352900-1462052998_thumb.jpgpost-171-0-23705400-1462053009_thumb.jpg