Pergola trouble

ChiefKingtut

I am using Home Designer Architectural 2017 to design a sloped pergola, but cannot get the soffits to slope or angle.

I want to slope soffits from 11 feet at the house to 9 feet at the outside edge of the deck, so a 2 foot drop over 14 feet.

If I click sloped soffit in the open properties, I just get a rather large rectangle no slope at all. To me there should be a rotate triangle, if selected and viewed from the side, but there is not.

The thing is using a 2016 trial of this program I was somehow able to slope the soffits, but now can not figure out how, and the trial did not allow saving I could only screen capture and print.

Any ideas, please?

Attached is the screen capture, how did I alter the slope of the soffits, anyone?

post-6504-0-05316300-1458275053_thumb.png

I can rotate the beams from the plan, but thats only from top down view, I need to do it from side view, its a difference of elevation from front to back by 2 feet. They are 14 foot 2x8's, 11 feet high at the house sloping down to 9 feet, and there's 4 of them. Unless I miss your instructions.

Thank-you for all the help.

Not sure what the trouble was, but everything worked smooth as silk this morning in the open properties menu - sloped soffit. But I did reboot last night.

Everything I tried even before I asked how to, worked now.

Weird but I accept it :)