Hello all, New User here - HD Pro 2019
I am needing to edit the wall framing of my design (and hopefully figure out how to make it my default), and I just cannot figure out how to make it do what I need it to do. It is a very simple 22' x 8' single story structure (16" on center framing) but with Auto Framing, it is making the framing layout make no sense whatsoever! Here are several things I am attempting to alter.
1. I cannot figure out how to change the wall intersections, even on this simple plan. When I click on the individual walls, and play around with the different wall intersection options, checking / un-checking those options makes no changes whatsoever. I am needing the 22' long walls to run through, thereby making the shorter walls be framed within those 2 long walls - those walls framed to 89" between the 2 long walls (using 2x4 exterior wall framing).
2. I do not like how the automatic wall framing is starting/placing the studs. For example, the wall framing on the 22' wall is centering the stud layout in the 22' wall. I need the 16" o.c. framing to start from one corner of the structure and work its way down. How is this not standard!?!
3. Same thing is happening with the 8' walls. I am needing the 16" o.c. framing to begin from the far outside corner! Right now it is placing the first stud at 17" on center, and it's 15" from the other corner. It just needs everything to shift 1". Truly Maddening.
3. I build small structures in general, and I change the way I frame window and door RO's in order to get rid of redundancy and reduce lumber. What I am needing to do is essentially make the window sill 'run through' the window trimmer/jack stud, instead of having a king stud, trimmer/jack stud, then window sill with another trimmer under that. So for example, if I have a 48" RO for a window, my header will be 51" long, and my window sill will also be 51" long, with the trimmer running both under and above the window sill. When I look at the framing elevation view and manually delete / adjust these framing members, it is very frustrating because sometimes they do not 'snap' into place where they should (even when I supposedly turn off snapping feature).
4. If I try to manually reduce header sizes - for example from 7 1/4" to 5 1/2", the cripple studs above it do not change with it. So, I try to manually drag the length of the cripple studs above the header, but they do not snap into place where they should.
5. If I attempt to manually move studs (since the overall stud layout is all screwed up) it does not allow me to sandwich studs together. When I attempt to move them to create a double stud, there is about 1/4" gap between them. Again, Truly Maddening!
I could go on and on. Overall I am very frustrated with things not being user friendly. It has taken me hours to get to where I am, after watched tutorials and scouring the forums. If you could help me with any of these points, I would greatly appreciate it!!!